By proceeding to the following Salmosan Vet® information you agree that you are one of the following:
Professional Keeper of animals, Veterinary surgeon, Veterinary nurse, Veterinary student, Pharmacist or SQP
Salmosan Vet® represents a significant investment from Fish Vet Group in Sealice Control. With a full license granted by the Norwegian Medicines Agency, Salmosan Vet® is available with veterinary prescription from your wholesaler for use in Norway.
Salmosan has a sustained 18 year track record for the successful treatment of sealice. Currently available in the UK, Norway, Faroe Islands, Canada (under emergency registration) and Chile (Byelice), it is used throughout the global salmon industry for the control of pre-adult to adult stages of sea lice.
New Salmosan Vet® Formulation
Our new formulation allows:
- Greater practicality at higher temperatures leading to greater efficacy
- Intensive safety trial work has demonstrated that Salmosan Vet® can be used for a full 1-hour treatment at temperatures up to 15C
- Salmon can be treated with confidence and without veterinary deviation from the data sheet.
- More effective treatment lessens the chance of resistence occurring
- Increased Shelf Life
- Shelf life has been increased to 24 months, demonstrating increased product stability
- Improved ingredient base leading to increased acceptance of the product to a number of regulatory authorities, while not changing potency against sealice
Salmosan Vet® is manufactured to EU GMP standards by an established, publically listed UK company (AIM) with a history of reliable product supply and distribution.
Technical Service Team
Salmosan Vet® is supported by the world’s leading aquaculture veterinary service team. Our team of professionals offer extensive knowledge of sealice control and salmonid aquaculture in general. Our support services include bioassays, training, administration advice and global pharmacovigilance.
Our global surveillance and support service allows producers to have confidence in the health impact of our products.
Investors in Aquaculture
By supporting the use of our products you are supporting our investment in animal health research and development. As part of Benchmark Animal Health we currently have over 40 products in various stages of research and development, designed to have direct health benefits for the fish in your care.
The bigger picture
Fish Vet Group is one of the founding companies of Benchmark Holdings PLC, a market leader in the supply of applied biotechnology, sustainability science and knowledge transfer to animal health, aquaculture & agriculture and the food supply chain.
By supporting Salmosan, you are supporting cutting edge research and development in these areas which will help safeguard the future of sustainable food supply.